Uro-dynamic study in children
Refers to a group of tests and procedures that evaluate is stored and then released the urine. Through these tests, diagnose problems of the function of the bladder in children. Urodynamics also helps to determine the best ways to treat urologic conditions, whether through drugs, surgery or a combination of approaches.
- Studies VideoUrodinamicos performed on patients with urological disease complex, where it is necessary the evaluation anatomical and functional urinary tract low. Together simultaneously and in a single instrumentation to the cistouretrografía voiding (stands in sharp contrast to the urinary tract in radiology ) and urodynamics conventional. It is one of the most advanced studies to know the phase of filling and emptying of the bladder. In addition does not provide very valuable information on the presence or absence of vesicoureteral reflux. These invasive studies are carried out by specialists trained and experienced in dealing with children with bladder neurogenica and spina bifida.
- Bone scan kidney or nuclear medicine
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the spine
- Blood tests to assess kidney function.
The main objectives are: to preserve the renal function, to achieve continence, social, and promote a positive self-esteem as children grow older.
- Clean intermittent catheterization: is a procedure clean, but not sterile, taught to the parents and families by our trained nurses. The empty routinely bladderreduces the risk of urinary tract infectionsprevents the dilation of the urinary tract, protects the bladder and achieved urinary continence.
- Anticholinergic medications: this class of drugs, such as oxybutynin, helps to relax the smooth muscles of the bladder, prevents muscle contractions of the bladder, generating capacity increase at low pressures.
- Surgical treatment options: In the event that medical treatment above is insufficient, our center are trained professionals who perform procedures such as: Injection botulinum toxin in bladder, expansion bladder and channels for bladder catheterization.